[thelist] force bookmark url

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri May 24 15:21:01 CDT 2002

On 03:09 PM 5/24/2002, aardvark said to me:
> > Further explanation:
> > We are going to use a random page loading script for our site index
> > (basic content will be the same, just different images & captions
> > based on a theme). The url that appears in the address bar is
> > currently .../index01.html, .../index02.html etc. We would like our
> > users to continue to have the random page load even after they
> > bookmark the site. Any thoughts?
>
>for example, at algonquinstudios.com, we use one home page
>template that randomly pulls the details and image of a case study
>into the template, so even if you bookmark it, you're going to get
>new content each time... and there's no redirect, no JS, no client-
>side work at all... totally SE friendly, too...

Yes, it's very simple for most server-side languages to generate a random
number and then use a switch statement to display a different theme.  I did
this for http://www.dfwanime.com/.  It allows me to alter both the graphics
and the CSS theme.

It also makes it very easy to add new themes.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

   Whatever it is, I'm sure that I was just about to get to it.