[thelist] ASP vs TSQL

Chris Harrington chris at activeinterface.com
Fri May 24 22:11:10 CDT 2002

You can still make one DB call by building a set of SQL calls and sending
them as a unit. So it comes down to which development model/language you
prefer. IMHO, databases should only be programmed in SQL, since everything
else (like stored procedures) is proprietary to a given database vendor.

Another option with newer databases is to build client-side in JS an XML
string which you send directly to the databases HTTP listener - or IIS
proxy in the case of SQL Server.

Chris Harrington