[thelist] markup - which element?

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Sun May 26 05:20:01 CDT 2002

Lachlan Cannon wrote:
 > aardvark said:
 >
 >> your inclusion of the spec was handy, saved me a moment to look up
 >> the example, which doesn't offer much help, does it?
 >>
 >> i tend to use <cite>, regardless...
 >
 > Yeah, I thought that using it would be better than not using anything
 > - I just wondered if anyone knew of a more correct element, before I
 > started using cite.

I don't know of any.

 >> so if i reference a book, i might do it like this:
 >>
 >> you must now go buy <cite title="ISBN: 1904151035">Usability: The
 >> Site Speaks for Itself</cite>, because if you don't, i might cry...
 >
 > What would you do for a game / movie, etc, then?

The same, really.  So:

   Hey man, get a load of that whole <cite>Attack of the Clones</cite>
   thing!  Was that Yoda stuff sick, or what?

(OT: Hmmm, I should really go see that... I'm sick of hearing about
"that Yoda stuff" and not having seen it myself :o))

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/