[thelist] JavaScript Pseudo-Security

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Sun May 26 11:27:01 CDT 2002

> Sounds like you are on track. I would go with #2 but don't worry about
> comparing times. Just set at timer on page init then reset this timer on
> any user events. If the timeout files, then user didn't do any thing
during
> the interval you specified.

Hmmm.  Interesting idea.  Suggests the possibility of popping up the relogon
window with the timer alone, i.e. the pop up event could be driven by time,
not by a user input event.

> If you are using IE6, then you should do you whole app as one page with
> lots of stateful JS objects. Talk back to you app server with SOAP or
> XMLHTTP. Now you can treat IE as a real GUI development toolkit.

Don't know SOAP nor XML, but I do know JavaScript and I do know the DynAPI
JavaScript DHTML toolkit.  With DynAPI, I have already written
cross-browser, one-page web apps before IE 6 ever came out.  This one is
underway with the same system.

Hershel

PS: We'll have no smiling nor 'cheers' from you, Bennett. :)