[thelist] Determining if an ASP is really an ASP file

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Mon May 27 11:29:01 CDT 2002

Is there any way of finding out if a page has been built using ASP
technology or if it's just a standard HTML file with an ASP extension?

Looking at the page, it's not obvious to me that there are db-driven
elements on the page, but there could well be.  It could also be the case, I
guess, that the page was generated offline and uploaded, but I assume if
this was the case, the page would have an HTML extenstion.

The page in question is:

http://www.odtr.ie/structure_&_organisation.asp

The site itself (odtr.ie) has some db-driven aspects (it has a fairly
comprehensive document search facility), but I can't understand why some
pages that are not obviously ASP still have ASP extensions.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking