[thelist] Joining an ASP session

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue May 28 12:47:01 CDT 2002

At 09:46 AM 5/28/2002, pixel wrote:
>Hello everyone....
>
>Is there a way to join an existing ASP session? I'm trying to send an
>email with a link that will be part of an existing user session [as long
>as that session hasn't timed out yet]. You can do with with JSP/Servlets
>by adding the session Id to the end of a url such as...

Are you sending the email to "another" person or the same person that is
utilizing the target session??

With ASP the default sessions are cookie based and limited to the "one
browser" that initiated the session. Now if you are rolling your own
sessions, Bob's your Uncle.
--
Anthony Baratta
President