Coding for intranets (was RE: [thelist] Color Chooser Review -- c orrection)

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Tue May 28 21:48:00 CDT 2002

> Are there cases where the rules can legitimately be ignored?

I think in the case of the site reviewed here earlier this year that was show
casing the Mini cars (www.mini.ca/mini.com) recently introduced to this
continent is a fine example of when you can pretty safely ignore blind
surfers. I've never seen too many visually impaired people driving, let alone
buying those autos.
The site ties in very well with the national advertising campaigns and relies
heavily on colour and javascript, cool and wow is something that I would
guess most prospective Mini owners would appreciate and they would care
less how accessible the site is or that it uses frames. An artists site such as
www.barbara-acheson.com would be another one - it uses Flash for it's
home page navigation and the owner of the site doesn't care if you have
Flash or not either, if you don't then it's "oh well" too bad for you and I didn't
want you to come to my art show anyways.