[thelist] Overlapping CSS <div> problem

matt g mrg at members.evolt.org
Wed May 29 19:11:00 CDT 2002

Hi Andy,

> While you're there, if you can see if the layout breaks in any browsers, or
> doesn't work with CSS off or in text browsers that would be great.
> <http://development.creed.co.uk/greenkeeper.gif>

1 - there is a large white space (about 100 pixels) at the top of the page
before the anything else appears. it looks like the screen shot, just with
everything (except the color blocks along the left side) pushed down by that
much. This is on Mac 9.1, IE 5

> Any CSS gurus on the list care to take a look at a page that's giving me real
> headaches?

2 - <not a guru> a superficial glance leads me to this guess: you might
experiment with the 'clear' property on your footer, which might push it
down the page as you had in mind. </not a guru>

useful?
matt g