future-proof (was RE: [thelist] Color Chooser Review -- correction)

GregHolmes at aol.com GregHolmes at aol.com
Wed May 29 20:09:00 CDT 2002

"Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I already pointed out the fact that I ended up using the <label> tag after
>all. But to even label the <label> (heh heh) tag "future-proof" is itself a
>joke. NOTHING is future-proof.

Well, substitute "as future-proof as reasonably achievable" for
"future-proof"
then.  <label> conveys semantic meaning, and browsers are adding
functionality
for it rather than taking functionality away.  Unless we stop using forms or
go
to an all-Flash web, it should be around for a good while.

Greg Holmes
gregholmes at aol.com