[thelist] Moving away from layout tables

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Thu May 30 09:56:01 CDT 2002

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov wrote:
>>Try setting the bottom margin and the float property:
>> <input type="radio" style="margin-bottom: 80px; float: left;">
>>(replace 80px with whatever is the best margin)
>
> Is there another way to do this? I don't want to hard-code a pixel value,
> and it looks like I have to adjust the pixel amount based on the amount of
> text:

In fact yes, and this is probably a better way (didn't think of it before).

Float the INPUT still, but wrap the text in a block element with a wide
left margin:
  INPUT.radio { float: left; }
  P.label { margin-left: 30px; }

With the HTML:
  <input type="radio" class="radio"> <p class="label">This is a
descriptor</p>

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila