[thelist] UK version of Paypal

Mike Rudberg mrudberg at challengesoftware.net
Thu May 30 10:34:59 CDT 2002

Before I continue, I use PayPal on one of my sites and I do like the fact
that I didn't have to deal with a secured server.  That said, there is one
cavet you might take into consideration.  PayPal notifies you immediately
upon customer giving all info without notifying you after that info had been
verified; therefore, a scenerio MAY arise where the customer downloads the
ebook and later, PayPal contacts your customer that payment wasn't
completed.  So, the online customer of your client has a copy of your
client's ebook without paying for it.  My suggestion?  Have your client put
a lock on the ebook (so only the first few chapters may be read), then after
verification of payment, the key to unlock the ebook is then sent to the
online customer.  Obviously, some notation should be given on the site.
That's the big con.  Another one is not THAT bad, your client's customers
must become members of PayPal prior to making payment.  But, if proper
precautions are made, these 'problems' can be dealt with.

Best,

Mike
Visit us at http://challengesoftware.net

http://bemyringers.net/ringers - Ringers' Home Site
Ringers: The Best Alternative to Surfing

My ICQ #:160896032