[thelist] Asking the wrong questions about parameters & ASP

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu May 30 13:00:01 CDT 2002

Belinda-

It sounds to me like you want to use the GET form method rather than POST.
Be aware though that any sensitive data which you transmit via forms will
show up in the querystring, the user's history, your server log files, etc.

This will append all the form values to the URL like:

http://foo.com/query.asp?name=Chris&browser=IE

As opposed to sending them in the HTTP headers (which is what happens when
you POST a form).

Does this help?

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net

> Remedial help please :)
>
> I've been searching through the evolt site, this evolt list tip
> archive, 4guysfromRolla site, learnasp site, and several others
> but I'm not asking the right question to find the help I need.

[snip]