[thelist] [HW] Re: <spacer>

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Fri May 31 12:29:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:24:06 +0300"Mark Groen" <mark at markgroen.com>
wrote:

> I think there is a trick to getting sidebar navigation reading right
> without creating a long page in the reader, and maybe someone else
> can expound on that but I followed the BIG sites and went top to
> bottom and everything else fell into place.

I use:

#navmenu a {
	 display: block;
}

to display links in a vertical list in CSS supporting browsers while
leaving them horizonal for browsers that doesn't support it. I arrange
for Netscape 4.x to get a seperate style sheet so it finds everything
ordered vertically.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.