[thelist] Include JavaScript variables into ASP script

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Sat Jun 1 08:28:01 CDT 2002

if all you want to do is access userAgent stuff in ASP you can do the
following without using javascript :
1)
from what i can recall iis used to ship with a browser capabilities
component (there used to be other stuff with this called ad rotator
component, content linking component etc.) .
you just needed to instantiate  the object like :
set x = server.createobject("MSC.BrowserType")  , (dont remember exact
syntax.)
once you declared it you could access all the browser related values like
appName, version etc..
2)
Or you could probably pick up and parse out that info from the USER_AGENT
http header....

HTH
ashok

------
ã$hØK
http://www.unganisha.org
Disclaimer : The contents of this mail should not be construed as  a "if
you attack me, I'll blast your arse" veiled threat
------