[thelist] OT:Website makeover

snowdux at adelphia.net snowdux at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 1 16:33:01 CDT 2002

Hi All,

I am a highschool student, and I am very active with my student government. I was
chosen as webmaster for the Massachusetts state student council, and I am now
looking for some suggestions for a layout design and for improvements of this site
that I inherited. I want to redesign the site almost completely especially because
most of my users are AOLers on 640x480. Since it is for student council many
people will be visitng form schools, and hence, I will have more of a mac
percentage than the usual webpage. I want to create a simple uniform layout for the
whole site. There are many things wrong currently, but I would like suggestions as to
what to fix first.

The address of the page is www.mastuco.net

Thanks a bunch,

Bill McBain

<tip type="css" author="Bill McBain">
If you are including CSS sheets you may notice that your users get a very quick
glimpse of unstyled content the first time. the easiest way to avoid this flash of
unstyled content (FOUC) is to put a link rel into your <head> like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="print.css">
Thanks to bluerobot for the tip, and to read the whole article goto
http://bluerobot.com/web/css/fouc.asp

</tip>