[thelist] XHTML/CSS with all DIV's

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Jun 1 21:32:01 CDT 2002

\Mark Limburg\ said:
> I totally agree.  Indeed, I\'ve gone down this path and am only now
> starting to see the error of my ways.
>
> Are there any \'tutorials\' in how to apply this?  There are *plenty*
> of tutorials on how to do this or that using CSS, but how about an
> overall methodology on applying CSS into site design rather than
> content alteration.

As in, a tutorial showing someone how to design a page, and then add CSS to
the page so that it's degradable, uses proper html, validates is accessible
etc etc? In other words the way you should design a site that uses CSS? I
think you've just given me an idea for a series of articles for evolt.org -
unless you'd prefer to write it yourself?

<tip author="Lachlan" type="version control">
Try to get your hands on a version control system for your source code, even
if the only code you write is plain html. You'll thank yourself later on
down the track when somebody accidently stuffs everything up and you can
just roll back to the last version that worked.
</tip>

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org