[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 15:01:01 CDT 2002

All these equally valid points are the reason why my first suggestion was to do a small user test.
This way, you have the actual content that his site is going to have, and you can watch real
people handle the situation. It will at least give you a sample idea of how people might react to
the site. Plus, you can have them start out with the browser maxed, minimized, different
resolutions and so on. Make some adjustments and do it again. You'll be surprised how successful
you can be with small samplings of people and simple tests. That is the crux of Steve Krug's whole
book.

Tom