AW: [thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Sebastian Kostal info at kostaldesign.de
Tue Jun 4 15:31:00 CDT 2002

I followed the thread and had a thought:

Isn´t the answer basically already there? Pretty much all applications with
GUIs running on computers rely on liquid design for a reason.

I wouldn´t go to a 100% width though, for the same reasons I would not do
this with printed pages either.

Aesthetics AND functionality are very important to a site and you should
work out a solution with the graphics department that suits both needs if
you have the resources (easier said than done of course).

Sebastian