[thelist] Email List Software

Mike Rudberg mrudberg at challengesoftware.net
Wed Jun 5 07:59:07 CDT 2002

James,
You might want to look into Mailman (http://list.org/download.html).  It's
written in Python and the overall perforance is superb.  Another package
(this one in Perl) is Majordomo (http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/).
This is also quite good in operation.

In both cases, they can run on all platforms.  In the case of Mailman, you
may have to download Python (http://www.python.org), decompress it, and
compile it for whatever platform you want to run it on; however, you also
may have to download/decompress/compile Perl (http://www.perl.com) for the
Mac.

BTW, both mail-list packages are Open Source.  Mailman is used by
SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net) for the individual project mailing
lists.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Mike
Visit us at http://challengesoftware.net

http://bemyringers.net/ringers - Ringers' Home Site
Ringers: The Best Alternative to Surfing

http://ringworld.sourceforge.net - The Official World of Webrings Project

My ICQ #:160896032