[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Wed Jun 5 09:43:01 CDT 2002

>if the design department wants 750 width, i don't see what the problem
>is. make the minimum 750 and allow for the design to expand as far as it
>wants. my point with the stats is that if 51% of users are at 8x6 and
>the design is set for a minimum of 750 then 51% of the users will be
>getting what the "design department" wants.

Ummm..... No. It means 51% are capable of seeing the display the design
department wants *if* they have their browser set to full screen. That
number might be the full 51% or it might be only 5%. You don't know, from
the information given, how small that number is.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com