[thelist] Safe URL saga

Pete Freitag pf at cfdev.com
Wed Jun 5 12:51:11 CDT 2002

Actually Google will index pages with a ? but it won't give them a pagerank,
so they are in the index, but since you don't have a pagerank they will show
up last in searches, unless you have keywords no one else does.

I recently wrote an ISAPI filter to do search engine URL conversions.
eg: /page.asp/x/1/y/2 translates into /page.asp?x=1&y=2

You can find it here: http://www.cfdev.com/products/
it's free and open source.

Pete Freitag (pfreitag at cfdev.com)
CTO, CFDEV.COM