[thelist] Safe URL saga

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Wed Jun 5 13:03:00 CDT 2002

> I recently wrote an ISAPI filter to do search engine URL conversions.
> eg: /page.asp/x/1/y/2 translates into /page.asp?x=1&y=2

> You can find it here: http://www.cfdev.com/products/
> it's free and open source.

Looks like fun! I'll play with it on 127.0.0.1 tonight...

Is there a way to do this sort of thing in reverse? eg: the server notices a
request for /news.asp?article=24601, and redirects to
news.asp/article/24601? Or would that set up some kind of infinite loop?

I ask because I'm lazy and don't want to convert all my querystring links to
this new format...

-Ken