[thelist] Suse 7.2, Apache SSL

Matthias Ritzkowski Matt at grndwtr.com
Wed Jun 5 13:56:01 CDT 2002

Hi all -

Is there anyone I might be able to bother off list as well with a problem I
am having? :-)

I try to set up an Apache Web server on Suse Linux 7.2, with a regular web
site on port 80 and a secured one on port 443.
Did anyone get this to work? I am now reading that any port other than the
defaults under 1023 need to be addressed by root, the server is running
under a separate account (for a good reason and I 'd like to keep it that
way)
Does virtual hosting circumvent this?

Some how it all looks much easier in the manuals ...

Just wondering if someone got this to work.

 Regards
Matthias Ritzkowski