[thelist] Links in email

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Wed Jun 5 14:08:01 CDT 2002

Ok I give up and need some help. A colleague asked me how to write a link in the body of an email message so that it *displays* like a link in an HTML document (i.e., with a clickable "phrase" for the link instead of the long/ugly URL displayed). I've sent myself test messages in Outlook in the three available formats under Options... Mail Format (choices are "Outlook Rich Text Format," "HTML," and "plain text") They look like this:

but all that's displaying in the received email is the code, no matter which format I am in. Can someone just explain how this might work and any caveats that come with it?

Thanks...
Janet
(Now if I hit "send" and my message appears on thelist with a nice little link up there, I'm gonna scream...)