[thelist] Email List Software

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Wed Jun 5 15:09:07 CDT 2002

===================
something just hit me -- is your client for a mail-list software
package, or a bulk mail package.  Reason is that I vaguely remember seeing a
package that actually takes and sends a group of emails with the "from:"
field either blank or filled with "undisclosed" plus it attaches itself to
any smtp server within a given group (does a search on IP addresses, I
think)..
===================

The client is looking for a mail-list software package to handle
double-opt-in mailings for ezine mail lists and also to handle responses to
business inquiries. This is not about spam. It is about publishing to email
addresses.

Right now it looks like http://fairlogic.com/worldcast/index.shtml will do
the job. It includes the ability to respond to incoming mail for
subscription/unsubscription and also to "customize" outgoing email (e.g., to
include "account" information, or a personalized greeting)

It's major shortcoming is the ability to handle scheduled follow-up emails.
(For example, these occur when you "subscribe" to a series of "lessons",
then over the next months, you get a "lesson a week".)

For such activitity, http://www.4officeautomation.com/ (the more expensive
$270.00 version) seems to do the job.

But short term (next 12 months), it looks like
http://fairlogic.com/worldcast/index.shtml (at $50.00) will be just fine.

James S. Huggins