[thelist] XML help please

Duncan O'Neill dbaxo at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 5 17:49:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a problem with an XML dataset which I've
converted from an Access database using ASP.

The problem is that one of the fields (now an XML
element) contains HTML markup. I've tried both
converting the field into XML both 'raw'
(i.e. within a normal element ) and as CDATA within
that element. Either way, when I try to transform
the XML on the server using XSL & ASP, it comes
out with markup as literals ( i.e. <p> Blah Blah

Short of removing the HTML markup from the 26
original tables, or removing it by hand from the
XML, can someone please suggest a way to get
the HTML markup to function as such? I know I
can do it using ASP's response.write, but it
seems there should be an easier solution.

tia,