[thelist] Setting Permissions (CHMOD)

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jun 6 14:43:01 CDT 2002

Mark-

It sounds like you might want to make it list/read/write/exec for you, but
only write for customers correct?

Are they actually logging into the shell (via telnet, ssh, etc.) or are you
trying to limit the way the directory is displayed through a web interface
(i.e. web browser)?

I only ask because chmod isn't going to help you if you're talking about
doing this through a web browser.  Otherwise, I imagine you have your
customers in a group so something like "chmod 720 <directory name>" will
give you what you're lookin for.

HTH!

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu