[thelist] [PHP] Include statements on IIS 5. Solved the hard way

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Fri Jun 7 10:21:01 CDT 2002

Just to keep people updated on this one:

> >The installation is croaking on include statements with errors similar
> >this one
> >Warning:  Failed opening 'docs/COPYING.txt' for inclusion
> >(include_path='c:\php4\pear') in
> D:\web\bikerscout.net\html\install\gui.php
> >on line 485

Turns out the host has the wrong include statement in php.ini. There is no
reason why IIS 5 should behave differently as far as includes are concerned.
It's just a badly set up server. And when I asked them to fix it, even
giving them links to php.net on how to deal with include paths, they
refused, stating that adding a .  (a dot) to the INCLUDE_PATH would give me
access to their C: root.

We're changing hosts...

Nicole