[thelist] setting a small size for a div or span

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 11:38:00 CDT 2002

No, actually I think I was not very clear - let me rephrase.

I want to use a DIV or SPAN as a really small "graphical" element on a page. Basically, like 10 x
8 pixels in size TOTAL. It would have a background color and would be visible as basically a small
square.

The issue is, once I get to about 12 x 12 or so, I cannot seem to set it any smaller. The last
couple of pixels make all the difference to what I need to do.

I tried using clipping, which doesn't seem to work for some reason, and setting margin and border
to 0px which does not help either. I'm just wondering if this is a limitation of the DIV or CSS,
like some minimum size, but that seems odd to me.

Tom