[thelist] Re: User agent: browser and OS

David Shadovitz david_shadovitz at xontech.com
Fri Jun 7 14:36:11 CDT 2002

CB,

Thanks, but I don't have access to the log files.
I do have all of the user agent strings for each hit, though.  So I'm
looking for the rules to categorize each user agent (e.g "MSIE" means IE
unless "Opera" is also present.)  The RegExp's in your config file are
somewhat helpful.
Hmm, maybe I can "fake" a log file by writing all of the user agent
strings into a file, and then use a tool to examine that file.

-David

====
I had asked:
How do I categorize user agents by browser and OS?

CB answered:
Use Analog http://www.analog.cx/ and her config file
http://www.macedition.com/cb/manconf.cfg