[thelist] Mozilla 1.0 JS Problem. Is There A Workaround?

Ian Potts ian at catbird.com
Fri Jun 7 16:18:01 CDT 2002

Hello,

I have a form that contains a select menu that for reasons too long to
get in to right now is manipulated by other items on the page.
Basically, if a certain condition is present, the selected item is
"deselected" via the following:

document.myform.myselect.selectedIndex = -1;

This works flawlessly in IE and Netscape 4.7X, but I have been toying
with Mozilla 1.0 and noticed that this JS doesn't seem to work as
planned. The value myselect is still passed (using whatever the user had
selected).

I have tried setting the selectedIndex to '', and false. As well as
setting document.myform.myselect.value = ''; All of the above still
result in the value being passed. Anyone have a workaround?

Thanks,
Ian