[thelist] Design with includes | no framesets

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Sat Jun 8 20:20:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:28:43 +0200
"Blessed Software Inc." <titsche at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi all!  I'm quite new to php and have a basic question. So here it
> is: My php sites are all completly php!  So my site doesn't look
> like : <html> <body> <?php echo "blah"; ?></body></html> it is all

I would advise against that approach, from what I hear it uses a lot
more in the way of CPU cycles to deal with it.

> i hope this is understandable :)
>
> so my problem is that i want to have a index.php wich looks like :
> <?php include("top.php"); include("menu.php"); include("main.php");
> ?>
>
> how can i influence the layout of the includet files.... i don't
> want to use framesets anymore!!!

With CSS

Tutorial:
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/
Example layouts:  http://www.glish.com/css/
Specification:    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.