[thelist] ASP, mySQL, and lots of coffee...

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sat Jun 8 22:08:01 CDT 2002

> Here is the glitch.  We are keeping track of these jobs by number,
> specifically, an auto increase number.  As of right now, that number
does
> not get sent in the rich e-mail, because the addition to the db is
what
> creates this number.

SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()

should do what you want. The process would go something like this:

1. User submits form.
2. Information is added to the database.
3. The result from SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() is stored in a variable.
4. You include the INSERT_ID in the email you send to the client.

Cheers,

Beau