[thelist] dangerous CSS, was: Netscape... why?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Jun 9 16:18:01 CDT 2002

At 6:39 PM -0400 6/8/02, rudy wrote:
>  > The site I can't use @import for uses DANGEROUS CSS!
>  > If it gets into the wrong browser it can render the site unnavigable.
>
>erik, i'm probably not the only one who'd really like to see some examples
>of this so-called dangerous css

OK http://www.gozz.com/temporary/dangerous/styled.cfm - explanation
on the page which also allows you to have the page give you CSS
intended for another browser.

>  > No really! I'm not lying! I gotta do it!
>
>got to or want to?  big diff

To achieve the effect my client wants in a variety of browsers, and
to ensure other  browsers get navigable content, and to have one HTML
page that works with every browser, and to make the best attempt at
futureproofing the site : I feel I have to serve different
stylesheets based on navigator.userAgent.

>few are the web sites where the artistic design (as opposed to functional
>design) cannot be simplified while preserving the integrity of the content,
>unless you're talking about artistic design itself as the content

Indeed, I am talking about the artistic design itself. Maybe that's
not important to nyou and your clients, but it's of upmost importance
to this particular client of mine, so it's important to me ... I was
provided with Quark documents and instructions to make it happen. I
enjoy trying to satisfy pickiness.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/