[thelist] dangerous CSS, was: Netscape... why?

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Sun Jun 9 17:30:01 CDT 2002

<cite>
> OK http://www.gozz.com/temporary/dangerous/styled.cfm - explanation
> on the page which also allows you to have the page give you CSS
> intended for another browser.
</cite>

Why? Useless excersize. Like demonstrating that car keys for BMWs are
dangerous for Hondas.

> To achieve the effect my client wants in a variety of browsers, and
> to ensure other  browsers get navigable content, and to have one HTML
> page that works with every browser, and to make the best attempt at
> futureproofing the site : I feel I have to serve different
> stylesheets based on navigator.userAgent.

I can ensure an effect on multiple browsers with one stylesheet and
tweaking. That reads as: one HTML page + one Style Sheet.

Of course, I have to test things on multiple platforms and multiple
browsers, but that something you are supposed to do anyway.

Writing mark-up and CSS to the specification is much easier for the
developer, and less resource intensive than your "solution" for the
client.

But what do I know? I can't even get to some sites without Flash. Must
be something wrong with me.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - http://redconcepts.net