[thelist] DOC to HTML and a CMS

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Jun 10 01:13:01 CDT 2002

>I have a new client who has between 500 and 1000 articles in MS Word format.
>He wants to put them on a website.

If ColdFusion is an option, there's ways you can manipulate the
content of Word docs ... I can't be more specific as I've never done
it ... maybe there's someone here who has that can advise.

Doing it semi-manually doesn't seem too unreasonable ... I'm able to
convert Word Docs into the HTML I want using BBEdit's Word Cleaner
and multi-file replace with RegEx's in about 5 mins per page ...
Dreamweaver also has a Word cleaner, as I imagine do most other
modern HTML editors ... at the rateo f 5 mins per page, it would seem
to take about three weeks.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/