[thelist] dangerous CSS, was: Netscape... why?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jun 10 07:42:01 CDT 2002

>> few are the web sites where the artistic design
>> (as opposed to functional design) cannot be simplified
>> while preserving the integrity of the content, unless you're
>> talking about artistic design itself as the content
>
> Indeed, I am talking about the artistic design itself.
> Maybe that's not important to you and your clients,
> but it's of upmost importance to this particular client of
> mine, so it's important to me ...

hi erik

http://www.gozz.com/temporary/dangerous/styled.cfm can be
simplified by placing that black thing at the top of the page

if it must remain visible when the page scrolls, use a frame

those are simple solutions which do not compromise the artistic design

i realize that "artistic design" is open to interpretation, but having a
nav bar which floats is not artistic design, it is functional design, and i
daresay it will be broken in some browsers

> I was provided with Quark documents and instructions to make it happen.
> I enjoy trying to satisfy pickiness.

the client believes that what you're doing with all the browser sniffing
and dangerous css is of "utmost" importance, and is willing to pay you for
the time?

does this client have any additional work you can send my way?

i could use an obscenely rich benefactor right about now...

rudy