[thelist] managing bookmarks

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 17:14:01 CDT 2002

Ok, I've had it up to TOP: HERE; with my bookmark situation. I have bookmarks at home, bookmarks
at work and bookmarks in my head. Some duplicates, blah blah blah. I know there are various online
bookmark organizers. I tried to use flipback or some such but I was not a big fan, too much
overhead. Is there some simple way to have your bookmarks online, quickly accessible and safe?
Whether its a service or whatever I don't care, there must be a good solution, and someone on this
list must know it!

Not sure if this qualifies as off topic so I will post a tip:

<tip type="Javascript - don't overdo it with If else if" author="Pixelmech">
You might have written some code like this yourself once:

if(something)
{
  do something;
}
else if(something)
{
  do something;
}
else if(something)
{
  do something;
}
else if(something)
{
  do something;
}
else if(something)
{
  do something;
}

Ugly and yes, there is a better way. Just take your hands slowly off the if-else submachine gun
and grab yourself a switch case statement! Yes, this little used but crafty statement will be the
new apple of your eye! If you are writing more than a couple if-elses...do this instead:

switch(expresson)
{
  case [a]:
  statements;
  break;

  case [b]:
  statements;
  break;

  case [c]:
  statements;
  break;

  default:
  statements;
  break;
}

Its neat, its efficient - its free! And you get to specify a default condition at NO extra charge!

You'll like it.

</tip>

/pixelmech