[thelist] Multiple file uploads (CF-based)

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Jun 11 07:15:00 CDT 2002

>there's also a java applet version available as well for $200.  every
time i
>see a java gui i have to ask myself if it really has to be *so* ugly.
yuck.
>try the demo if you don't believe me.

>http://www.aspupload.com/jupload.html

>i haven't a clue if any of these will work with a coldfusion file
upload
>template.  i've never worked with any non file-input file uploading
>mechanisms so i don't have much to offer there.  however, ray camden
has.
>ray, you have any input on this?  *duck*

Errr - actually, I haven't. My last multi-file-drag-drop thing used
Signed JavaScript - and I'd rather visit Hell for eternity then deal
with Signed JS in Netscape again. However - that being said - I would
assume that any tool like you describe above would make it so that when
the files were delivered to the server, they were delivered in a
'standard' fashion so that _any_ server side technology would work.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus