[thelist] re: Yahoo Beta Page

tstephens at trusecure.com tstephens at trusecure.com
Tue Jun 11 09:57:00 CDT 2002

> >>I ask myself, why are they still using those ugly
> >>The DOCTYPE declaration is missing. Why?
> >
> > Because its a beta?
>
> That's like early previews of Holden's brand new car, sans chassis.
>
> Leaving out fundamental page elements until the very end is not a Good
> Thing.

I really believe it's because of the audience.  They have to trigger Quirks
mode, because of the enormous range of browsers and systems that hit them.
But utilizing Quirks mode, I'd imagine it's an easier solution to developing
cross-platform/browser versions.  And the lack of DOCTYPE is a quick and
simple way to trigger it.

Just my quick guess.

Tony