[thelist] Am I being too fussy?

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 08:11:00 CDT 2002

With all these site rip-offs, we've usually managed to get the rip-off
sites pulled down entirely.

Having had another go at the Phoenix Club and more particularly with
Verio who host it, they've finally taken some action and progressively
removed nearly all of our graphics, much of the stylesheet, code, etc.

Verio have now asked me whether the matter's resolved. Personally,
despite the swapping over yesterday of the navigation element from one
side of the page to the other, I still reckon that in terms of look and
feel, pages like http://www.phoenix-club.org/events.html are still very
much like http://www.web-designers.co.uk/news.htm for instance.

I'd welcome your views as to whether in your opinions the sites are now
sufficiently different for the matter to be dropped.

<tip type="community" author="Richard Morris">

For people working in the online businesses, online communities such as
Evolt (www.evolt.org) and conferencing system CiX (www.cix.co.uk) can be
useful sources of impartial advice and guidance and, indeed, a voice of
sanity ... er, sometimes.

It is always good advice to try to resolve any queries yourself before
enlisting the help of others if at all possible.

</tip>

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"