[thelist] iBooks, OS X, Macs, Web Development, Laptops, Etc, Etc

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Wed Jun 12 09:45:02 CDT 2002

>Ummm, the TiBook gets good and toasty. Trust me. I've used one.

OK, I will. I compared the TiBook with the white iBooks when they came out
and bought the latter. Just didn't find anything worth the extra $1k it
cost. Several months later, when the new revs fixed the firewire slowdown,
reduced the price difference and added the CD-RW, I would have made the
opposite decision.

I use the iBook in my lap every day, and while it gets warm enough to feel
it on the case, but nothing I'd call hot: kentucky windage estimate is
about 90 or so.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224