[thelist] Accesibility Tip

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 12 10:37:01 CDT 2002

> From: Kostal Design|Sebastian Kostal <info at kostaldesign.de>
>
> What about the Dreamweaver code exactly is bloaty? I found Dreamweaver
> to write very clean code. Am I missing something there?

not having used DW in a very long time, i do know that sites i have
converted have generally had many more tables (and more
complex tables) than necessary... lots of big fat JS, too, when
smaller functions can do the job... stuff like that...

[...]
> What's up with the W3 validator? It tells me for example that the
> height attribute for tables is not supported in 4.01 transitional. Can
> this be?

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html

height is only a valid attribute for iframe, td (deprecated, and only
supported by IE), th (deprecated, and only supported by IE), img,
object, and applet...

> Greetings,

hi!

--