[thelist] Examples of excellent control panel usage

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 16:02:01 CDT 2002

--- David Ulevitch <davidu at everydns.net> wrote:
> I'm not (yet) a real guru like you folks, I'm a coder.  Are FRAMES
> considered a "no-no" because they really would help on the concept of not
> having to reload entire pages all the time.  One left side frame could
> list a users domains and the right side could be the config for that
> domain.
> -davidu

Well, I for one am NOT a guru, but anyway - as for frames, used correctly they can be fine. But I
would say that if all you are concerned about is reloading pages and keeping the nav available (so
as not to reload it) if you make a navigation system that is simple and written correctly, it will
be small enough in page weight that it won't matter that it gets loaded each time. So I guess I
would want a better reason to use frames than that.

Tom