[thelist] SSI in XML

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Jun 12 22:38:00 CDT 2002

Hi Joel,

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> 1. rename index.xml to index.html of type text/xml
> didn't work, SSI parser apparently needs text/html

You should be able to do this, or something similar.

I don't know what web server you're using, but it's comparatively simple to
do in (say) ASP.

Call your file index.asp. Inside index.asp have:

<%
    response.contenttype = "text/xml"
%>
<?xml blahblahblah>
<blah>
blah blah
<!--#include whatever-->
</blah>

Don't know the syntax for PHP, or CF, or whatever server-side language is on
your server (if any), but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do it. And I know
that the above works in ASP (your mileage may vary).

cheers,

Paul.