[thelist] Re: not wrap text around graphic

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Thu Jun 13 08:52:01 CDT 2002

> Does anyone know how to make the text on this:
> http://cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/
> not wrap round the graphic in ie? (and wherever else it may do so; I
only have
> ie6 on hand).
> Also, if anyone knows how to make the tip-top header not show up
behind the
> picture like the last time i looked, that'd be handy too

The BR tag with attribute CLEAR has been around forever, more or less.
(-8

I don't know off-hand which browsers support <br clear="both" /> but
the effect certainly should be to make the graphic have text wrapping
on NEITHER side of it. If you use an IMG with align = left, you would
wrap the text to the right by using BR CLEAR="RIGHT", for example -- I
believe that works pretty much anywhere that renders images.

Cheers --
techwatcher (Carol Stein)