[thelist] perl on the localhost

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Jun 13 09:52:01 CDT 2002

I sense hostility.

I'm happy that you are entirely sure of what is NOT the problem, hopefully
you'll be able out what IS the problem at some point.

In any case, what I was saying was that just having it in autoexec.bat is
not enough unless you have actually run autoexec.bat manually, or by
rebooting.  Just having it in your autoexec doesn't automagically add it to
your path.  So I offered a simple test for determining if it was really in
your path, since the error message is the one you get if Windows can't find
perl.

HAND.  Good luck with your problem.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Paul J White [SMTP:pjw at bw3.co.uk]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:32 AM
	To:	thelist at lists.evolt.org
	Subject:	[thelist] perl on the localhost

	Thanks for taking the time to answer, but I'm not so dumb as to
bother the
	list with a question until I have ascertained the obvious - indeed,
my
	original post said:

	"Install Perl and make sure that the PATH setting in your
	autoexec.bat includes the directory C:\perl\bin.

	>>Done that"

	and the perltest script runs on a remote server but not locally. Any
more
	ideas out there?

	Cheers, Paul.