[thelist] Database Management based on NT Permissions (SQL 2k db)

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Thu Jun 13 15:36:01 CDT 2002

Hi list,

Is there any documentation or working examples out there regarding the
subject line. The site I'm working on not only is database driven, but it
also is (supposed to be) customized by who you are; determined by NT
permissions. My network guru believes that you can set the permissions on a
database right down to the Cell Level. I know how to set permissions through
Enterprise Manager on specific columns. My problem is slightly different,
for example:

Joe Schmoe
----------
View lines 12,14,15,17, and 19

Mary Jane
---------
View Lines 7,8,10,11,13,14

John Doe
--------
View Lines 1,2,3,7,15, and 20

I do have an aid within each row that will help determine who gets to view
the row. But what I want to know is, how do I tell my asp 2.0 code/MS SQL 2k
db who this person is?

Thanks for any help!

Rob.Smith