[thelist] Re: Domain Name Problem

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Fri Jun 14 06:07:00 CDT 2002

> I omitted to say that the .com owner is also based in the UK
> (Coventry I believe
> - about 60 miles away).
> Could I be forgiven for thinking that they have deliberately
> set out to pinch business from an already established one? If
> their business were in the US I would have no quibble at all.
> Any opinions in the light of this much appreciated.

if you are a registered company, they are imitating your company. it's
against the law.

however, i did a quick search at companieshouse.co.uk and couldn't find
image2image as a registered company. if you're not a registered company
then you haven't got a leg to stand on.

if you are, it looks like you are gonna have to take them to court.
expensive legal fees...

you will have to show that you have contacted the company to explain
that they are inflicting on your trademark and that you have asked them
to stop doing so. then take them to court if they continue.
unfortunately, you'll probably have to pay the fees, and it will also
take a long time.

benji
inchima.com