[thelist] Site check/advice part deux.

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Fri Jun 14 15:00:03 CDT 2002

Jonathan McPherson wrote:
> Agreed. Color is personal only to a point. http://www.lobowalk.com/ has a
> colorscheme that, while it is more attractive to some than others,
features
> dark text on a dark background. I found it difficult to read for that
> reason, regardless of its aesthetic merit or lack thereof.
>
> (The colors used on the site also appear to fall into the range affected
by
> my colorblindness, so I might not be seeing them accurately. 10% of the
male
> population in the US has my flavor of colorblindness, though -- so if you
> think the statistics indicate that you ought to design your sites to work
on
> non-Microsoft browsers, you have just about as much statistical backing
for
> designing sites that are attractive and functional for R-G color-blind
> users.)
Funny you should bring this up, I actually had a friend of mine who is R-G
color blind and he reports that he is able to view it quite well. However,
your point about statistical backing for designing with such people in mind
is valid. By the way, last I heard, it is something like 3% of the male
population that is effected with this. . . who knows.

Daniel